|Location: Crewe||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Design, Highways & Highways Electricals, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Kayleigh Budgen||Job Published: 22 days ago|
Highway Design Lead
Highway Design Lead needed for a well-established highways service provider based in the Cheshire area who are looking to employ an experienced Highway Design Lead to assist the design services team with a current pipeline of projects inclusive of cycle improvement schemes, junction improvement schemes and public realm.
What the role entails:
As a Highway Design Lead, you will be responsible for:
- To identify, prepare, design, plan, programme and order works and services to develop and deliver the allocated Task Orders
- Management and monitoring of works programmes or services and maintain accurate records
- Provide assistance to the Design Manager in relation to all aspects covered within the Design team and deputise in their absence
- Ensure strong budgetary control and financial management is undertaken throughout areas of responsibility
- Preparation of reports for the programme and projects as required and to attend meetings to present or provide support as appropriate
- Liaise with client to assist with the preparation of future programmes of work and provide regular updates on schemes progress
- Plan and monitor resources in area of responsibility and allocate work accordingly
The successful Highway Design Lead will be:
- Ability to use MS packages - Word, Excel and Outlook is essential
- Experience of managing projects cost and programme is essential
- Experience of the implementation of traffic management and highway related schemes is essential
- Good experience of budgetary governance, management and control measures is essential
- Experience of presenting issues to both technical and non technical audiences is desirable
- Knowledge and application of design procedures, guidance and standards and good practice documents is essential
- Knowledge of and application of Health and Safety legislation is essential
- Knowledge of and application of Highway legislation is essential
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Highway Design Lead to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that the Highway Design Lead position requires candidates to have a full UK drivers' licence.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.