|Location: Somerset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Highway Operative / Ground Worker
Depending on certificates and driver's license
About the Highway Operative / Ground Worker Position:
Want to work for one of the UK'S largest highway contractors?
Then we have the role for you…
I am currently recruiting an exciting opportunity for highway operatives / ground workers to work on a permanent basis for a large expanding business.
You'll be working for a leading contractor who has lots of new and exciting projects to work on, so the work will be varied!
Key duties for the Highway Operative / Ground worker:
- Assisting with kerb laying (precast concrete).
- Assisting with laying concrete road channels.
- Assisting with the excavation and laying of granite kerbs or granite setts.
- Operation of mechanical plant.
- Laying tarmac and flexible surfacing (raking/sweeping).
- Pothole repairs.
- Laying concrete.
- Relaying of flags, blocks and cobbles.
- To ensure the team works in a safe and effective manner to achieve optimum output and to the required quality.
- Winter Maintenance
- Ground work / Highway Experience
- CSCS Card
- Drivers License
- Pass drugs and alcohol test
- Can do attitude
- Able to work well in a team
Desirables for the Highway Operative / Ground Worker
- HGV Class 2
- SSSTS / SMSTS
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.