|Location: Guildford, Surrey||Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Highway Project Manager
£45,00 - £50,000
Looking to recruit a successful, hands on, Project Manager whom will be in charge of 2-3 projects from start to completion. You'll be reporting directly to the Delivery Manager and will be running a team yourself.
The ratio for office and site work is 80/20.
You must be a confident client facing individual who is successful with the preplanning stages to form a plan of how the work will be carried out, then assembling necessary safety documentation & Information for the Construction phase.
Typical project costs range from £100,000 - £1m where you'll be covering the following; drainage, structures, safety barriers improvements.
Key Responsibilities for the Successful Highway Project Manager:
- Engage with the Client to advise on buildability, traffic management and other areas of Engineering input during the ECI stage.
- Liaise with proposed supply chain, establishing working methods and anything that needs input or changes by the Client or designer along with anything which needs to be planned far in advance.
- Assemble and maintain a mobilisation programme detailing various constraints and how they are overcome for each Scheme.
- Raise requests for road space Permits.
- Monitor and give further information during the process of agreeing roadspace.
- Engagement, involvement of Supervisors during Scheme pre-construction phase to utilise their knowledge and expertise in the pre-planning stage, and to allow the Supervisor to gain understanding of the works ahead of Construction.
- Review Works Information (PCI, STATs, drawings and specification) provided by the client to ensure complete and coherent information has been provided by the Client/designer for the scheme.
- Write the Construction Phase Plan and assemble the Site Safety Pack. This contains all information, PCI, drawings and proposed safe work methods for each individual scheme. The Project Manager is responsible for writing and assembling this and passing the File to the Supervisor ahead of delivery.
- Review Supply chain proposed working methods (in the form of Method statements and Risk Assessments) to check conformance to client Standards and general Safety Regulations.
- Attend programme or work stream review meetings with Client.
- Assist during the works delivery stage with Engineering or technical input as required.
- Monitor the supply chains construction activities during the delivery stage for compliance with Health & Safety Standards and quality requirements along with efficiently progress of the work. Work closely with and support the Supervisor during the construction phase.
- Carry out Safety audits of the live site.
- Chair and maintain records of progress meetings between Client / Supply chain
- Complete Contractual records (Completion certificates, variations, extensions of time, Early warnings)
- Work closely with the commercial team to establish interim values, and work out queries in final accounts.
- This role may involve Managing at least one less experienced member of the team particularly at times when the work load is high.
Key Skills and Qualifications for the Successful Highway Project Manager:
- HNC/HND, degree or diploma qualified (or equivalent) in relevant engineering discipline
- SMSTS qualification
- Relevant CSCS card for the grade
- Familiarity with general office IT software
- Good technical knowledge and awareness of highways
- Awareness and understanding of the CDM 2015 Regs.
- Experienced Temporary Works Co-ordinator with up to date qualification
- NRSWA qualification, knowledge and experience of determining suitable traffic management for various types of works
- Good communication skills (written & oral) required as the post holder will be required to liaise with all stakeholders.
- A good understanding of relevant health & safety legislation and codes of practice is required to ensure that safety is a primary consideration for all works
- Ability to manage and develop other members of a team.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.