|Location: Glasgow||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Power & Utilities, Highways & Highways Electricals, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 14 days ago|
Highways Engineer needed for a highly reputable Highways and Infrastructure organisation based in Glasgow who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Highways Engineer that takes pride in their work with experience in the design, implementation and supervision of all aspects of highways and civil engineering design and construction, extensive knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation, standards and procedures and a working knowledge of standard highway and civil engineering specifications, conditions of contract and methods of measurement.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Highways Engineer will include:
- Preparing schemes for tender using the NEC3 family of Forms of Contract, Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works including use of Specification for Highway Works and the Standard Method of Measurement
- Supervising and monitoring works on site, making valuations for payment assessments, chairing and managing progress meetings, identification and assessment of additional payments due to variation orders or compensation events, determination of project final accounts and completing the defects period assist in preparing fee estimates and bid work
- Creating feasibility studies including preparing reports, cost estimates, investigating problems, and identifying of options
- Ensuring compliance of the team's work with a high regard to Health and Safety and the application of the CDM Regulations and other legislation
What experience you need to be the successful Highways Engineer:
- A Bachelors or Master's degree in Civil Engineering or a related subject accredited by the Engineering Council OR you will already be or fast approaching Chartered Member status of the Institution of Civil Engineers (CEng MICE).
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in the design, implementation and supervision of all aspects of highways and civil engineering design and construction.
- An extensive knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation, standards and procedures. A working knowledge of standard highway and civil engineering specifications, conditions of contract and methods of measurement.
- Working knowledge of the relevant legislation and guidelines including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, British and European Standards, Eurocodes and Codes of Practice.
- Capable of discuss engineering issues and identifying solutions
- An understanding of the commercial issues in undertaking a construction project.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Highways Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.