|Location: Edinburgh||Salary: £25000.00 - £36000.00 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Construction, Highways & Highways Electricals, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Beth Currid|
£25,000 - £36,000
Highways Engineer needed to join an award-winning and multi-disciplinary design and engineering organization, who provide expert and sustainable services for local authority and private sector clients, to come on board and join the team in Edinburgh. As a Highways Engineer, you will support senior staff by providing technical input to a wide range of traffic and highway schemes from inception through to completion.
It's desirable for the successful candidate to hold the relevant degree in Civil Engineering, or another relevant discipline, and hold an in-depth understanding of Highways Design and Design Standards.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Highways Engineer will include:
- Develop and initiate traffic and highway schemes from inception through to completion.
- Provide technical input to a wide range of project types and consultancy commissions.
- Projects may be undertaken at various stages depending upon the specification/ brief (e.g. outline / feasibility / preliminary / detailed design)
- Check technical outputs, drawings and reports.
- Liaise with other technical staff.
What experience you need to be the successful Highways Engineer:
- Accredited degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
- Working towards Chartered status.
- Knowledge and experience of Traffic or Highways Engineering Design and design standards.
- Expertise in traffic and highways related industry recognised software
- Knowledge and experience of TMA 2004, DMRB, Highways Acts, RTRA 1984, RTAs, TSRGD 2016, Traffic Signs Manual and relevant British Standards.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Highways Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.