|Location: March||Salary: £25000 - £35000 per annum + depending on tickets, experience|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Brogan McPake||Job Published: 10 days ago|
Highways Maintenance Operatives
Weed / Pesticide Sprayers - Grass Cutters - 360 Machine Operator - Tractor drivers
East Anglia, Cambridgeshire
** £20-30k + overtime, night rates - depending on experience, qualifications**
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highways maintenance specialist carrying out various highways maintenance duties including grass cutting, pesticide and weed spraying, strimming, planting, tree care, hedge cutting, arboriculture / tree works, etc.
The majority of works will be carried out at night but travel time / expenses are all paid for and a vehicle or vehicle share will be provided. MUST BE HAPPY CARRYING OUT NIGHT WORKS!
Highways maintenance Operatives Job Role:
- General highways maintenance, such as grass trimming, hedge cutting, clearing leaves and verges
- Tree care / Arboriculture
- Grounds / Highways maintenance
- Planting schemes
- Carrying out pesticides / herbicide treatments
- Operate light plant and power tools
- Undertake vehicle, tractor, and cutting equipment checks
- Operate 360 excavator, carrying out excavation works (if qualified)
- Ensure works are carried out safely, with good working knowledge of H&S
Experience required for the Highways Maintenance Operatives:
- Full driving licence
- Knowledge/ Experience of highways / grounds maintenance
- Experience in operating light plant and machinery (essential) - Brushcutter, Strimmer, Chainsaw, Mewp / IPAF, Tractor
- Chainsaw Trees NPTC CS30/CS31
- NPTC Pesticides
- LANTRA tickets - Traffic Management (12a/12b/12c/12d), winter maintenance, fencing
- Clearing Saw Tractor and Side Arm Flail (desirable)
- 360 excavator (above and below 10t) - cpcs or NPORS
** Not all of the tickets above are required but the successful candidates will have as many as possible. If tickets have lapsed or you have the relevant experience but limited tickets, you will still be considered **
There are several positions available, if you are part of a ready made team or know anyone with similar background, please send them our way.
These roles will be filled quickly so please get in contact on 01342 330532 ASAP!!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.