|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: £30000 - £43000 per annum + competitive benefits package|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
HR Advisor to join a globally recognised defence / engineering company in the Hampshire area. A leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets. The Hr Advisor will manage multiple client groups, working as part of the existing HR team.
The HR Advisor will be a generalist who can perform several Human Resource work streams, such as resourcing, human resources project management, performance management, employee relations, talent development, and when required, benefits, compensation and training/development.
On offer for the HR Advisor:
- Competitive salary up to £43,000 depending on experience
- Competitive benefits package
- 9 day working fortnight
The HR Advisor will be engaging with all levels of leadership, providing full HR support in the above areas, delivering quality advice and guidance on day-to-day activities across their client groups, enabling the successful engagement, motivation and retention of employees.
Responsbilities of the HR Advisor include:
- To be the main HR interface for the client group line management, providing full HR support, building solid relationships, gaining trust, confidence and respect on all HR related matters. This involves being familiar with the HR policies and practices of the company and creating business value, by providing high quality and consistent advice and guidance. This will involve:
- Effective management of HR Operations by ensuring workload is planned and managed against milesteones. Ensuring that stakeholders are kept updated and issues are identified early and escalated as appropriate. This will include driving the performance management, salary planning, awards and promotion cycles.
- Providing advice, guidance and support on employee relations matters including resolution of disciplinary, grievance and performance management issues.
- Providing advice and guidance on compensation and benefits issues. This includes developing and implementing the promotion and awards plan.
- Providing advice and guidance on recruitment issues and assist with the appointment of management positions. Contribute to the orientation process for employees and new managers.
- Engaging in the business rhythm of your senior management and their reporting managers, participating in key meetings in order to understand the business and add value.
- Helping to further develop the culture of the company, driving the company values, Full Spectrum Leadership imperatives and Diversity and Inclusion into daily practice. This includes supporting employee survey activity.
- Support and deputise for the Head of HR, and assist and/or lead with any other project work as requested.
- The position will require travel within the UK and potentially in Europe
The HR Advisor will need the following skillset:
- Demonstrated experience in a generalist HR role, preferably within a large blue chip organisation.
- Thorough understanding of UK employment law and have demonstrable experience in handling employee relations issues. Knowledge of European Employment law desirable.
- Working knowledge and experience of TUPE
- Ability to build and manage stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with people of all levels
- Have a strong work ethic and experience of fast-paced working environments
- Ability to be flexible, and work under pressure
- Ability to prioritise issues and potential conflicts
All candidates must be eligible to obtain security clearance (SC)
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.