|Location: Seascale||Salary: £60000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: Human Factors||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 4 days ago|
Human Factors Manager
Cumbria or Warrington (post covid restrictions)
£60,000 - £65,000 + Excellent Benefits Package
This new position as Human Factors Manager will provide leadership of the Human Factors Team , including developing/implementing strategy and management of the people, workload and delivery of Human Factors Engineering support to various nuclear projects.
You will be able to utilise and enhance your own technical skills within the Human Factors area, support development of team members' capabilities and lead activities in support of the development of your teams reputation in the Human Factors area.
The purpose of this role is to lead the Human Factors team and to manage its workload, especially in supporting projects where HF input is required. It will require you to lead the Human Factors team and interface with projects teams across the business. The role requires an ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues, customers and other stakeholders to demonstrate a collaborative approach.
- Lead the Human Factors Team and HF capability area, this includes line management responsibilities.
- Responsibility for the development and implementation of the Human Factors strategy.
- Use your expert knowledge of Human Factors to develop the level and type of support provided by the team.
- Oversee the delivery of projects in the Human Factors area to time, cost, quality, value and service requirements, including management of relationships with Regulators, Laboratory Managers, Projects/PMA, Compliance, Operations Control Managers and other designated safety roles.
- Lead the identification and development of new opportunities for the team, including support to bids.
- Use initiative to develop new capabilities through innovative approaches and providing insight.
- Maintain awareness of both internal and external competitors' capabilities within the broader Human Factors safety area.
- Identify best practice to improve the team.
- Membership of relevant national industry groups.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree qualified or significant level of demonstrable technical capability in Human Factors.
- Previous line Management experience.
- Ideally 10 years' experience within Human Factors.
- Preferably Chartered Membership of a professional institution.
- Ability to act independently, under own initiative, while supervising other members of team.
- Strong communication skills, including multi-site working.
- Excellent teamworking skills, with ability to inspire a team.
- Experienced in mentoring and developing technical skills.
- Excellent networking skills to maintain network across the Human Factors field nationally.
(SC Clearance will be required for this role and to achieve that you must be a British Passport holder or have been resident in the UK for the least years)
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.