|Location: Crawley||Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Medical Devices, Life Sciences||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
£40,000 - £50,000 + Benefits Package
In this position you have the chance to work for a leading innovator of equipment and software used to improve, prolong and save the lives of people with cancer and brain disorders. Their advanced, effective solutions are created in collaboration with customers, and more than 6,000 hospitals worldwide rely on this technology.
As a Usability Engineer you will play a key role in the design, development, use testing, documentation, and launch of various products. You will lead the Human Factors & Usability Engineering activities for software and hardware development programs. You will assist Senior Management in identifying usability-related organizational needs and in establishing the internal capabilities and external relationships needed to ensure we deliver products that are safe & effective, easy to use and resilient to user error.
Qualifications / Experience
- Proven experience in Human Factors / Usability engineering and/or product design, development, or testing; experience with medical devices (or human factors in healthcare) is desirable.
- Degree educated in Human Factors, Psychology, human factors engineering, HCI, industrial engineering or related discipline.
Role and Responsibilities.
- Apply Human Factors expertise to support new product development (software and hardware)
- Complete Usability Engineering activities and deliverables:
- Collaborate in research to identify intended users and use environments
- Use task analysis methods to identify potential use-related hazards
- Determine product use cases and identify critical user tasks
- Collaborate with others to document use specifications and error analyses.
- Create and maintain usability risk analyses
- Create and maintain usability engineering files.
- Design and execute usability (human factors) studies at various stages of product development from early prototypes through formal FDA-mandated validation.
- Communicate findings and make clear, relevant recommendations to internal and external stakeholders at all organizational levels
- Keep abreast of regulations and best practices for safety critical human factors and medical devices in particular (e.g. IEC 62366, AAMI HE75).
- Collaborate closely with design teams to influence product definition, design and execution.
- Ability to listen empathically to users, filter out the noise and generate new insights and explanations for any sources of difficulty
- Ability to utilize critical thinking to analyze problems which require creative solutions
- Ability to connect effectively in person and remotely through verbal and written presentations
- Availability to travel domestically and internationally.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.