|Location: Crawley||Salary: Benefits|
|Sector: Human Factors||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 13 days ago|
As a Usability Engineer you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the design, development, user testing, and launch of new products with a major medical device company.
You will be key within the Human Factors & Usability Engineering activities for both software and hardware development programs. You will work with Senior Management in identifying usability-related organizational needs and establishing the internal capabilities and external relationships needed to ensure we deliver products that are safe & effective, easy to use and resilient to user error.
- Human Factors / Usability engineering and/or product design, development, or testing; experience with medical devices (or human factors in healthcare) is desirable (not essential).
Masters degree in human factors, psychology, human factors engineering, HCI, industrial engineering or related discipline.
Role / Responsibilities
- Apply Human Factors expertise to support new product development
- Complete usability engineering activities and deliverables:
- Collaborate in research to identify intended users and use environments
- Use task analysis methods to identify potential use-related hazards
- Determine product use cases and identify critical user tasks
- Collaborate with others to document use specifications and error analyses.
- Create and maintain usability risk analyses
- Create and maintain usability engineering files.
- Design and execute usability (human factors) studies at various stages of product development from early prototypes through formal FDA-mandated validation.
- Communicate findings and make clear, relevant recommendations to internal and external stakeholders at all organizational levels
- Keep abreast of regulations and best practices for safety critical human factors and medical devices in particular (e.g. IEC 62366, AAMI HE75).
- Collaborate closely with design teams to influence product definition, design and execution.
- Ability to listen empathically to users, filter out the noise and generate new insights and explanations for any sources of difficulty
- Ability to utilize critical thinking to analyze problems which require creative solutions
- Ability to connect effectively in person and remotely through verbal and written presentations
- Availability to travel domestically and internationally.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.