|Location: East London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals, Technology, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 15 days ago|
ICA Technician needed for a nationwide Utilities organisation based in East London who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded ICA Technician that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of operational plant and control systems, experience working with relay logic and PLCs and SCADA.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the ICA Technician will include:
- Installing, modifying and commissioning new plant equipment to relevant standards and to diagnose and repair faults on systems and plants. Proactively identifying and reporting follow on work or areas for enhancement.
- Working as the ICA Electrical Technician alongside multi-disciplinary operational teams such as mechanical, process and electrical technicians.
- Liaising and supervising contractors and suppliers where necessary.
- Carrying out instrumentation, control and automation maintenance on a variety of wastewater assets including planned maintenance and defect maintenance.
- Delivering cost-effective improvements to assets and systems.
- Conducting your own risk assessments and create appropriate method statements when required to safely carry out maintenance activities.
- Providing specialist technical advice where appropriate with up to date technical knowledge and provide training support for technical trainees.
- Carry out scheduled planned maintenance work in compliance with company procedures in order to minimize plant breakdowns.
- Support project development and input into capital delivery projects.
- Investigate the nature of plant failures and subsequently carry out repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible in order to avoid interruptions to the process.
- Examples of some instrumentation you could be working on are flow meters, pressure levels, ultrasonic, radar, gas detection, PH monitors.
- Participate in a stand-by rota following the relevant training
What experience you need to be the successful ICA Technician:
- A good, practical understanding of operational plant and control systems is essential.
- An understanding of Wonderware and ClearSCADA is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience working with relay logic and PLCs (Rockwell & Alan Bradley) which will include management and programming.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to read and fault find from circuit diagrams as well as have previous experience of inverter drives.
- Examples of some instrumentation you could be working on are flow meters, pressure levels, ultrasonic and telemetry.
- We are looking for someone with experience of calibration and maintenance of front-line instrumentation.
- Ideally, you will be qualified to HNC level or otherwise will have City and Guilds Part 2 or NVQ level 3 (or equivalent) in an electrical subject.
- Knowledge of wastewater treatment processes is desirable.
- The work will require physical fitness and the ability to work in confined spaces with successful completion of the appropriate training; as well as the flexibility to work on an out of hours rota when necessary.
- We are looking for a self- motivated team player who is comfortable also with lone working and who possesses excellent time-management skills.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a ICA Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.