|Location: Reading, Reading, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: James Giblin||Job Published: 17 days ago|
ILS Engineer needed for a leading Engineering organisation based in Reading who are looking to employ an experienced ILS Engineer who has prior experience delivering ILS solutions and be able to demonstrate knowledge of ILS principals.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the ILS Engineer will include:
- Assist in the development of ILS / Supportability Engineering plans and day to day implementation of processes.
- Completion of the ILS / Supportability Engineering deliverables to known deadlines and schedules.
- Provide detailed Subject Matter Expertise (SME) input to Engineering Community and to the customer.
- Identify and manage risks associated with the ILS Programme.
- Assist in the development of ILS / Engineering solutions to Requests for Change (RFCs) within tight timescales.
- Produce monthly reports for ILS and ARM activity against Statement of Work (SOW).
- Support the ILS Review / Management Boards as appropriate.
- Undertake ILS tasks and analysis in support of project requirements and deliverables.
- Maintain ILS programme schedules.
- Produce ILS Element Plans iaw DEF-STAN 00-600 and the SOW.
- Undertake Supportability Analysis (SA) and produce associated reports.
- Logistic Information Record (LIR) database creation and maintenance.
- Responsibility for Supply Support deliverables including: Spares Modelling, Codification, Technical Publications, Service Reviews and Service Management Working Groups.
What you need to be the successful ILS Engineer:
In order to be the successful ILS Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Minimum 3 years plus experience in ILS position.
- Engineering Degree in related discipline (experienced ILS Engineers without a degree will also be considered).
- Thorough understanding of SA and knowledge of ARM.
- Understanding and working knowledge of DEF STANS 00-13, 00-40, 00-42, 00-600, 05-95 and equivalent Military Standards and Handbooks.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative as well as within a team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Flexible working habits.
- Holds SC clearance, or ability to achieve it.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Experience of working with / for the Ministry of Defence (MOD).
- ITIL Foundation Accreditation.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Access and Excel skills.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a ILS Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.