|Location: Cumbria||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
ILS Engineer needed for a globally recognised Defence organisation based in Cumbria who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded ILS Engineer that takes pride in their work with experience gained in either Maritime or other complex engineering business (Defence, Rail, Aerospace, Automotive, etc.), ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and strong analytical skills.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the ILS Engineer will include:
- Providing expertise, effort and advice in the population and management of the Logistics Support Analysis tools, the data they contain and the related integrated toolsets.
- Applying knowledge and expertise to analyse the impact of physical changes to the ship, including the effect on availability, reliability and maintainability of the platform and its systems and how these changes are configured in the datasets.
- Applying system and process knowledge to analyse the impact of material from Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) suppliers on the support Engineering datasets and populating the results.
- Working with both the T45, T26 and QEC Class Output Management (COM) and International programme teams to identify and resolve in-service or build data issues.
- Supporting the management of and update to the Unit Maintenance Management System (UMMS) account and content.
What experience you need to be the successful ILS Engineer:
- Experience gained from one or more of the following backgrounds:
- Maritime or other complex engineering business (Defence, Rail, Aerospace, Automotive, etc.) i.e.: Commercial ships Support or Maintenance engineering
- Aviation Support engineering
- Draughts person/designer
- Technical author or Illustrator
- Degree/HNC/HND or equivalent experience in an Engineering discipline
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Maritime experience.
- Experience of the population of a defence standard Logistics Support Analysis Record (LSAR) database.
- Use and management of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), preferably Unit Maintenance Management System (UMMS) as used in the Royal Navy.
- Use and management of a Common Source Database (CSDB) for production of Integrated Electronic Technical Publications.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an ILS Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
*Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the ILS Engineer position*
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.