|Location: Kingston upon Thames||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 17 days ago|
Kingston upon Thames / Sutton / Leatherhead + Flexible home working.
UK Defence industry - SC Clearance required.
We are actively recruiting for an experienced ILS Engineer to join our clients business as a key member of the Hardware Engineering team.
In this role you will work to drive the proactive management of hardware from an Availability, Reliability and Maintainability perspective. This role will provide key Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) support to engineering teams throughout the full lifecycle of programmes, ranging from obsolescence to safety and further beyond.
This company is a global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions. They have employees spread across Europe and a successful, rapidly expanding UK operation.
You will use your skills to make a difference in the mission of enabling global security.
With a belief in rewarding the dedication shown by staff you will get access to a benefits package that provides you with health& well-being benefits, discount schemes, pension benefits and investment in your future development, but most importantly the flexibility to balance your professional career with your personal life.
- Produce high quality ILS deliverables in accordance with programme schedule requirements
- Liaise with suppliers to obtain relevant ILS information
- Liaise with customers to manage expectations and mitigate ILS related risks
- Maintain obsolescence registers, perform obsolescence sweeps and produce ILS reports
- Demonstrate the value of ILS engineering to all stakeholders and drive the importance of proactive ILS management techniques
- Collaborate with engineering teams to contribute to the evaluation of technical options and make timely decisions
- Demonstrate data-gathering skills to securely store data configuration control measures
- Carry out analysis to assess the impact of every changing Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) data and manage the results by collaborating with the relevant engineering teams
- Carry out analysis to assess the impact of physical configuration changes and manage the results by collaborating with the relevant engineering teams
- Carry out analysis on Availability, Reliability and Maintainability (AR&M) for programme deliverables
- Carry out analysis on Supportability for programme deliverables
- Identify required spares for replenishment, consumables, base spares and contractual spares
- NATO codification
- Packaging, Handling and Transportation (PHS&T)
- Maintenance schedules
- Disposal issues, detailing hazardous materials/substances or security aspects that impact disposal
The ideal background:
- Provean career experience in an ILS role
- Engineering Degree in related discipline (experienced ILS Engineers without a degree will also be considered
- Understanding and working knowledge of Defence Standards (i.e. Def Stan 00-13, 00-40, 00-42, 00-600, 81-41) plus other Military Standards
- Ability to work independently on own initiative, as well as within a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work under pressure in a complex and rapidly changing environment
- Hold current SC clearance or has the ability to achieve it (UK Passport holder)
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.