|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + Extensive Benefits Package|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Davies|
ILS Engineer needed for a globally-recognised Defence organisation based in Bristol who are looking to employ an experienced ILS Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of Maritime ILS Engineering and LSA/LSAR.
The successful ILS Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
* 25 day's holidays
* Enhanced Leave allowance
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Share Incentive Plan
* Child care Vouchers
* Cycle scheme
* Local and national discounts
* Flexible working
What the role entails: As an ILS Engineer, you will be working across platforms such as the Type 45 destroyers and the prestigious Queen Elizabeth Aircraft Carrier programme. You will be responsible for managing LSA for the ships, focusing heavily on data (supplier data, maintenance data, handbooks and design information).
Some of the main duties of the ILS Engineer will include:
* Providing specialist LSA/ Logistics Support Analysis Records (LSAR) expertise, effort and advice in the management of the LSAR tool, the data it contains and the related integrated toolsets.
* Applying knowledge and expertise to analyse the impact of physical changes to the ship configuration on the ILS dataset, as well as populating the results
* Applying system and process knowledge to analyse the impact of updated material from Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) suppliers on the ILS dataset and populating the results
* Working with both the T45 and QEC Class Output Management (COM) teams to identify and resolve in-service data issues
* Interfacing with the Master Records Data Centre to maintain definitions for the
* Supporting the Information Services in respect of management of and update to the Maintenance Management System (MMS) account settings and content
* Analysing complex datasets to autonomously determine appropriate ILS outcomes, updating a shared, complex and integrated ILS dataset
What you need to be the successful ILS Engineer:
* Experience gained from one or more of the following backgrounds:
· Navy/commercial ships ILS or maintenance engineering
· Aviation ILS engineering
· Technical author
* HNC/ HND level engineering qualification (or equivalent if from Royal Navy/ Air Force background)
* Ability to read engineering drawings
* Naval experience
* Experience of the population of a defence standard Logistics Support Analysis Record (LSAR) database
* Use and management of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), preferably Unit Maintenance Management System (UMMS) as used in the Royal Navy fleet
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an ILS Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!