|Location: Buckinghamshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
ILS Manager needed for a multinational Defence and Electronics organisation based in Buckinghamshire who are looking to employ an experienced ILS Manager with significant ILS experience across multiple complex (platform or major subsystem level) projects in Defence, Whole Life Cost Modelling, and experience in Reliability & Maintainability including production of FTAs, FMEAs, RBDs, Robustness Growth and MTAs.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the ILS Manager will include:
- Undertaking reliability modelling and making recommendations on robustness growth, spares provisioning and preventative maintenance.
- Conducting maintenance task analysis and level of repair analysis and supporting maintenance safety assessments.
- Maintain the logistic breakdown structure for assigned products and identify logistically significant candidate items.
- Undertake Whole Life / Through Life Cost Modelling to inform the overall business case for a product.
- Supporting the Change Control & Obsolescence Management processes to ensure that the supportability implications of proposed changes & obsolescence resolution actions are considered.
- Providing ILS input to the System Requirements Specification and making recommendations on the verification method for ILS related requirements.
- Ensuring that the assigned requirements are met and verified through a programme of progressive assurance in line with the system Validation & Verification strategy.
- Ensure support deliverables comply (where applicable) with the relevant standards or mandated requirements (e.g. Def Stan 00-40, 00-251, 00-600, the DLF, ASD/AIA S-Series standards) and that appropriate international best practice is applied.
What you need to be the successful ILS Manager:
In order to be the successful ILS Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths subject or equivalent professional experience
- Able to rapidly build up knowledge on a project and begin adding value quickly
- Significant ILS experience across multiple complex (platform or major subsystem level) projects in Defence
- Able to work across multiple projects to achieve challenging timescales
- Practitioner or expert across:
- Reliability & Maintainability including production of FTAs, FMEAs, RBDs, Robustness Growth, MTAs
- Whole Life Cost Modelling
- ILS Requirements Management and Progressive Assurance, including Logistics Demonstrations
- Knowledge of relevant standards, e.g. S2000M, S3000L, S5000F, S6000T, JSP886, Def Stans 00-600, 00-40, 00-45.
- Eligible for security clearance to a minimum of Security Check (SC) level with no caveats.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an ILS Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that all applicants moving forward for the ILS Manager position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.