|Location: Buckinghamshire||Salary: Package|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: In-Service Support Engineer - Maritime Networks
Location: High Wycombe
Salary: Dependent Upon Experience + Package
Key Skills: Support, Network. TCP/IP, Integration, Test, Commissioning, Systems, Maritime, Navy, Frigate, Acceptance, Navigation, Defence, Ship, Engineering, Royal Navy, RN, Technical
An experienced in-Service Support Engineer is required to play a key role in delivering in-service support to complex networks. You will be involved in leading support with a broad range of systems from land-based TCP/IP Networks through to Maritime synchro-based data distribution systems aboard Navy ships. You are responsible for ensuring customers and clients are able to achieve mission success!
So, what will you be doing as an In-Service Support Engineer?
- Provide proactive responses to emerging technical issues, including customer fault reports and technical queries
- Leading engineering teams in developing a solution that is technically and commercially acceptable
- Enacting programmes of inspection and preventative maintenance
- Ensuring that customer equipment remains safe and suitable for continued service
- Coordinating and cooperating with the field support team to conduct equipment surveys, integration and acceptance testing
- Implementing change requests to documentation
- Highlighting resource conflict or constraints to engineering management
- Producing estimates for new engineering work (e.g. redesign) and planning the work
- Supporting the development of solutions and business cases to update the systems to minimise through life cost and refresh the design
What are we looking for in our next In-Service Support Engineer?
- Hold a Bachelor's or higher degree in a STEM discipline
- Have significant experience of integration, testing and system commissioning of networks and networked systems
- Have a sound understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Have demonstrated the ability to plan and execute support tasks on complex projects
- Shown the ability to work under tight time constraints, in challenging contexts
- Demonstrable experience in working directly with customers and users
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next in-Service Support Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next in-Service Support Engineer, hit that apply button now!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.