|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £40000 - £48000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Industrial Design Engineer
Industrial Design Engineer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire. They're looking to employ an experienced Industrial Design Engineer who has comprehensive understanding of Engineering Drawing Practice with the ability to recognise datum structures, interpret and apply appropriate GD&T as well as identify key characteristics.
The successful Industrial Design Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £40,000 - £48,000 per annum
- 25 day's holiday
- Contributed pension
- Career progression
- 9-day fortnight
- Life assurance
- And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Industrial Design Engineer will include:
- Provide guidance with datum structure, key characteristics and the application of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) to Engineering drawings.
- To support the Product design process through direct instruction to Engineering identifying DFM/A opportunities and best practice.
- Reviewer and authorised signatory for drawing release ensuring standardisation and manufacturability criteria are met.
- Perform cost analysis of product and process alternatives.
- Write process specifications and make recommendations regarding ergonomic improvements.
- To lead, facilitate or progress production PFMEA's, to support Programme and Customer requirements, driving finding through to solution that control Critical to Quality (CTQ) parameters pertinent to manufacturing.
- Active involvement in the Level 1 team meetings.
- Development of SPC techniques and implementation of monitoring where appropriate
- Use mathematical models to simulate capacity planning in support of development of process modelling and logistic requirements to allow cost benefit realisation.
- To at all times, drive product (Unit Piece Cost) UPC reduction and deliver process repeatability maintaining Quality objectives and adhering to H&S local requirements.
- Support with the business process reviews and generation / update of relevant documentation.
What you need to be the successful Industrial Design Engineer:
In order to be the successful Industrial Design Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Full understanding of DFM/A and PFMEA principles and the use of them in a practical application.
- Good communication skills that can sell and influence to a range of audiences with the ability to work with all levels of the business.
- An independent thinker, able to take an assertive stance to enforce the key requirements of quality and the customer.
- Familiarity with a 3D CAD package sufficient to support presentation of data in respect of DFM solutions and highlighting model and tooling clash conditions.
- Demonstrate a level of design and manufacturing process industry experience; which may include mechanical assembly, machining, fabrication, welding, casting, plastic moulding and robotics.
- Experience of driving change in process, behaviour and culture.
- Understanding of SPC data and calculations
- Problem solving experience (8D, A3, Root Cause Analysis etc.)
- Strong analytical skills.
- Key competences: Personal accountability, building relationships, planning for results, customer first, adaptability.
- Experience of writing specifications for manufacturing / inspection equipment and make recommendations for equipment procurement.
- Experience of tooling design and production facility development.
- Detailed understanding of the fundamentals of MRP and experience in the maintenance of Manufacturing BOM's and routings and controlling factors within SAP (or similar ERP software).
- Experience of working with Creo 2.0 or similar package with the ability to interpret models, recognise tooling access and load path issues. Also, to create sections and apply images to Power Point presentations to deliver DFM solutions, highlight mechanical assembly and tooling clash conditions.
- Knowledge of Windchill or similar tool for documentation management.
- Lean Six Sigma qualified
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Industrial Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.