|Location: Ampthill||Salary: £80000 - £90000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
Information Assurance Engineer
The Information Assurance / Security Engineer will provide specialist information security support across programmes and pursuits within the Business, delivering effective information security solutions for complex systems and their associated sub-systems in both the vehicle and Air Defence domains, providing documentation and evidence to support security approval and accreditation activities within the programme context. As a wider role to support company functional information assurance knowledge and capability and maintaining knowledge of technology development and implications for information security.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Information Assurance Engineer will include:
- Engage with stakeholders, including the DAIS Accreditor and Security Assurance Coordinator, to ensure that the security solution is accreditable whilst imposing minimal burdens on the development programme and end users;
- Identifying security risks within complex systems, products and solutions and ensuring that those risks are addressed by the implementation and delivery of effective and balanced security controls and mitigations to address the risks; Contribution to, and conduct trade studies related to system information security.
- Ensure that the security requirements are incorporated into the systems as part of an overall systems engineering approach, including:
- Specification of security requirements;
- Development of security architectures;
- Review of design & implementation;
- Specification of verification requirements;
- Acceptance of verification evidence;
- Provision of evidence for system level requirements.
- Engaging with stakeholders, engineering teams and sub-contractors to provide direction, guidance and support on acceptable and balanced information security solutions.
- Develop the accreditation document set to MoD standards; Liaison with customers, accreditors and technical authorities;
- Perform, and contribute to, trade studies that impact information assurance;
- Develop programme plans and cost estimates in support of both current programmes and bids & proposals;
What experience you need to be the successful Information Assurance Engineer:
- Knowledge and understanding of MoD, UK Government and international security standards, policies, guidance and legislation;
- Experience of security risk assessments, risk treatment plans, and accreditation document sets (SRA/SRS/SAD and/or RMADS);
- Demonstrable knowledge of systems engineering and development practices;
- A strong Data Networking / Cyber Security background;
- Defense background;
- Physical security knowledge;
- Information assurance experience across the systems engineering development lifecycle preferred;
- Understanding of security validation & verification, testing and evaluation approached preferred;
- Previous experience of accrediting products in a military environment preferred;
- (ISC)2 membership with CISSP, SCCP, or CAP (Senior SIRA or Senior Architect) preferred or equivalent.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Information Assurance Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
If you are interested in applying for this Information Assurance Engineer position you must eligible for UK security clearance up to SC level.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.