|Location: Gloucestershire||Salary: £50000 - £65000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 29 days ago|
Information Security Consultant
Reporting to the lead information assurance professional, the successful candidate will provide information security advice and guidance across the business. The candidate will perform threat and risk- based analysis of customer environments and will also support business development and business capture activities.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Information Security Consultant will include:
- An all-round information assurance practitioner with both working knowledge of information security best practices and technical knowledge of information system architectures, their components and potential vulnerabilities.
- Experience of working in accordance with the Security Policy Framework and ISO 27001.
- Experience of providing risk managed security guidance during the design and operation of secure IT systems.
- Experience in undertaking holistic and technical risk assessments using a range of methodologies such as IAS1/2, NIST Risk Management Framework etc.
- Experienced in the application of a varied, context-based approach to risk assessment and management.
- Demonstrable experience of developing/delivering RMADS/GEAR Security Cases
- Working knowledge of HMG Good Practice Guides, Information Assurance Policies, and the Security Policy Framework.
- Experience of working in Government / MOD environments.
What experience you need to be the successful Information Security Consultant:
- Knowledge of: Internet Security Trends, Firewall products, Access Control devices, and encryption products.
- A holder or member of a professional Information Security Certification (e.g. IISP, ITPC, CISSP, CISSM, COMPTIA).
- Experience of applying information assurance principles during systems development and integration.
- Stakeholder management and customer facing skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: able to communicate Information Security principles at the tactical and operational level of the organisation.
- A high level of integrity and professionalism
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Information Security Consultant to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
If you are interested in applying for this Information Security Consultant position you must eligible for UK security clearance up to SC level.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.