|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: £60000 - £80000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Aaron Stone||Job Published: 18 days ago|
Infrastructure Architect required to join a globally established Defence company in the Hampshire area.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, and under general direction of the Infrastructure Leadership Team, the Infrastructure Architect role is responsible for providing technical expertise to support successful implementation and on-going operation of programme deliverables as required to fulfil business objectives. Tasking will include:
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing complex computer systems. Determines systems specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility and maintenance of system security. Coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves program support deficiencies. Develops and recommends corrective actions. May provide technical guidance for database administrators and software developers.
On offer is a competitive salary up to £80k (depending on experience). This includes a competitive benefits package.
The Infrastructure Architect will have experience in the following:
- Proven experience in similar roles working to industry best practice standards
- Proven Customer focused attitude and ability to synthesize contractual needs and requirements into Infrastructure solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints
- Clear and concise communication and presentation skills with an ability to convey complex technical data in a clear and concise manner to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Previous experience of Computer Systems architecture development using knowledge and experience of the the following:
- IBM AIX or HPUX/Sun Solaris
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Oracle Enterprise Linux, or CentOS
- Systems Management software, including IBM Tivoli or Microsoft System Center.
- Microsoft Windows Server
- VMware vSphere
- Cloud based Services, Including AWS integration
- Oracle Database, Postgres, Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere MQ
- Storage Area Networking
- Local and Wide Area Networking
- Firewalls / Switches / Routers
- Server hardware, Including IBM pSeries
- SSL/TLS, including certificate management
- Encryption types and cipher suites, with awareness of strengths and weaknesses
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Active Directory Domain Services / Group Policies / Trusts / Federation Services
The Infrastructure Architect MUST be eligible for SC clearance.