|Location: Corsham||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 18 days ago|
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Infrastructure Engineer needed for a leading multinational defence organisation based in Corsham, Wiltshire who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Infrastructure Solution Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful Infrastructure Engineer would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification. Experience wise, we desire a candidate who has dealt with complex, long term IT projects.
The Infrastructure Solution Engineering Service is responsible for the design and development of the core elements of the Ministry of Defence NSoIT(D) Platform. The primary focus of this service is to undertake and coordinate all development tasks related to the design of the core platform as agreed by the Engineering Management Team via the Programme Increment planning process.
If you've worked within the military on secure network/infrastructure environments already then you'll be at a great advantage!
SC Clearance will be required for this role.
What the role of the Infrastructure Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Infrastructure Engineer will include:
- Interacting with all design and development team leads to ensure cross team, cross technology coherence to satisfy the requirements of the NSoIT(D) system and act as initial point of contact for all team members within the Core Infrastructure Engineering community.
- Ensuring that standards, frameworks, and security postures align with overall business and technology strategies and policies e.g. Defence as a Platform, Federated Mission Networking, DefStans and JSPs.
- Defining, managing, and reviewing the production of all core infrastructure low-level and detailed level designs assuring coherence, technical content, and quality.
- Supporting the design of platform and software architecture elements to enable the system to function within the context of a UK deployed environment.
- Supporting the build of system test, reference, and development environments to prove services and to demonstrate successful satisfaction of the requirements.
- Liaising with other solution engineers and team leads across NSoIT(D) Engineering to ensure a robust solution is delivered within time, cost and performance.
- Influencing the automation of NSoIT(D) design artefacts and indicate how they can be delivered by the orchestration technology.
- Identifying capability gaps in existing architectures and recommend changes or enhancements in line with Agile and continuous improvement methods
What experience you need to be the successful Infrastructure Engineer:
- Solution design of secure hardware and software solutions, demonstrating successful delivery on complex, large scale programmes utilising emerging technologies where possible.
- Delivering against high pressure timelines and in complex organisations.
- Conducting rational product selections against complex requirements, specifically measuring performance, cost and time.
- Successfully running a large development team, ensuring delivery timescales are met.
- Demonstrable experience of at least 3 years within the industry with detailed knowledge and understanding of the design, implementation and troubleshooting of the following:-
VMware ESXi 6.7 or above
- Distributed Virtual Switches;
- Distributed Resource Scheduler;
- Distributed Power Management
- VMware vSAN 6.7 or above
- Hybrid and All Flash storage configurations
- VMware vCenter 6.7 or above
- High Availability;
- Cross-site failure and resiliency
- VMware NSX 6.4.6 or above
- Microsegmentation Firewalling;Cross Site VC NSX
- VMware SRM 8.1 or above
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity best practices;
- Protection Groups and Recovery Plans;
- Experience of performing full failover and fail back of environments
VMware Horizon 7.11 or above
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply, candidates must possess or be eligible to obtain UK SC Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.