|Location: Woking||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Mark Crorkin||Job Published: 18 days ago|
Infrastructure Engineer required by a forward-thinking software consultancy and development company, based in Woking, who prides itself on the quality of service provided to over 500 organisations worldwide.
The Infrastructure Engineer will serve as a source of technical assistance and will support staff across a varied range of different technologies and platforms. You will be working with the Infrastructure Manager to ensure that best practices are implemented and used throughout the company's IT infrastructure.
As the successful Infrastructure Engineer, you will benefit from flexible working patterns with the opportunity to work remotely. Financial assistance is available to support your career in the shape of training and reimbursement of membership to relevant professional bodies and associations.
Responsibilities of the Infrastructure Engineer will be:
- System monitoring using SCOM and other tools
- Managing and carrying out environment checks
- Managing & deploying Patches/Updates, backups & restores, managing & deploying SSL certificates and anti-virus
- Desktop/Laptop support & provisioning
- Server support & provisioning
- Network/Firewall support
- Peripheral Support & Provisioning (printers, scanners etc.)
- User provisioning & Support including resolving support tickets/user requests
- Provide training for employee and new hires in computer operations and the use of peripherals/equipment
- Keeping abreast of technical developments and emerging technologies, contributing to the overall design and IT strategy
Essential Requirements of the Infrastructure Engineer are:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in an Infrastructure Engineer role with an industry recognised qualification or vocational training from a relevant provider e.g. Microsoft
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Windows desktop/laptop support; Windows 10 - MS Office Products
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of computer (desktop/laptop) imaging, creating, modifying & deploying using WDS & MDT
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of Microsoft Active Directory and domain services i.e. DHCP, DNS, Group Policies, and Print Servers etc.Minimum of 1 years' experience of working with Microsoft SQL Server 2016/2019, Microsoft Exchange 2013, 2016, 2019
- Demonstrable awareness/working knowledge of network principals i.e. TCP/IP, ports, VLAN's etc. along with f management of firewalls, routers, switches and other network infrastructure
This is an opportunity not to missed so please get in touch now to register your interest in becoming the Infrastructure Engineer for this innovative and trusted organisation.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.