|Location: Dorking, Surrey||Salary: Up to £35000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Harriet Houlton||Job Published: 29 days ago|
Infrastructure Engineer (Wintel)
Infrastructure Engineer needed for a financial organisation based in Dorking.
The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the installation, configuration, and maintenance of one or several of cloud/windows/Linux/networking infrastructure technologies in an enterprise environment. The IE has overall technical responsibility for the implementation, modification, enhancement, and ongoing support of operating system, as well as the software tools required to manage the relevant infrastructure.
Specific areas of expertise may be: operating system(s), storage management, agents/instrumentation, systems management, security, network, web administration, database management, automation, and application technical stacks. Additionally, this position may require working knowledge of multiple computing platforms (including physical, virtual, and cloud.)
The successful Infrastructure Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Flexible benefits scheme
- 27 days holiday plus bank holiday
- Sports facilities and gym on site
- Performance-based incentive bonus
- Life Insurance
- Stakeholder Pension scheme
- Two days paid volunteering per annum working alongside a variety of community partners
Some of the main duties of the Infrastructure Engineer will include:
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Windows networking infrastructure technologies
- Provide 3rd line support from an infrastructure perspective
- Develop and maintain technical drawings, operational procedures and guides, maintain hardware and software inventories.
- Cover the VMware and Citrix farms in three environments, BAU and financial applications, as well as liaising with 3rd party vendors and development and testing teams.
- Review infrastructure security holes, apply patches, create console roles and reviews, and create and install security packs as needed.
- Implement an enterprise monitoring environment using relevant technologies: (Alert Site / Pager Duty / Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS), System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), Azure monitoring products, Insert networking monitoring tools, etc.)
- Participate in on-call rotations for emergency events and escalations.
- Establish foundation for future implementations and automation requirements in the infrastructure, identify opportunities for automation and develops scalable solutions.
In order to be the successful Infrastructure Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- You must possess critical technical knowledge of how business applications function in the operating environment and how they have been configured and customised to meet specific business and company objectives.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, or equivalent relevant business experience
- Demonstrable years of related work experience
- Possesses highly developed technical expertise in multiple key operating/networking system or subsystem areas
- Able to effectively summarise and clearly communicate software/hardware problems involving multiple support team(s)
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced, multiple priority environment
Nice to have the following:
- Linux experience desirable
- Experience of SSCM and SCOM
- Experience in a financial services regulated environment
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!