|Location: Wiltshire||Salary: + Package|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms, Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering, Technology||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jeremy Farley||Job Published: 20 days ago|
Job Title: Infrastructure Solution Architect
Salary: £DOE + Package
Key Skills: Infrastructure, Engineering, Architecture, Design, Systems, Deployment, Troubleshooting, Hardware, Data Centre, Hardware, VMWare, vSAN, Virtualisation, vCentre, NSX, EXSI
An experienced Infrastructure Solution Architect is required to play a key role in supporting the Product Management team providing infrastructure subject matter expertise.
Working from site, this is a truly fantastic opportunity for the right person. If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please read on!
So, what will you be doing as an Infrastructure Solution Architect?
- Working with users to understand their requirements and identify any constraints that may impact on the infrastructure solution.
- Determining technical requirements.
- Developing, architecting, and documenting Intermediate Level Design (ILD) infrastructure solutions for the Development team to implement, ensuring their coherence across the solution and compliance with applicable standards and policies.
- Working with stakeholders and the Solutions Team to develop, architect, and document technical patterns for common problems.
- Working with the Solution Engineers to ensure that the design intent is being realised.
- Reviewing and approving Low and Detailed Level Design (LLD and DLD) solutions and supporting artefacts.
- Conducting product assessments for all infrastructure hardware.
What are we looking for in our next Infrastructure Solution Architect?
- Have a detailed understanding of infrastructure solution architectures with at least 3 years demonstrable experience, advanced knowledge, and understanding, within the last 5 years, of the design, selection, deployment, and troubleshooting of hardware, in both a Data Centre and operational environment.
- Solution design of secure hardware solutions, demonstrating successful delivery on complex, large scale programmes utilising emerging technologies where possible.
- Experience, expert knowledge, and understanding of the design, deployment, and troubleshooting of:
- Large scale SDDCs using the VMware technology stack
- Software Defined Storage technologies such as VMware vSAN
- Traditional storage arrays such as HPE MSA
- UPS technologies
- Commodity computer hardware such as HPE DL range
- Trust/Security Certificate Management using PKI in a virtual environment.
- Advanced knowledge of hardware security, including:
- NCSC guidelines and security principles.
- CIS security benchmarking and hardening techniques.
- Currently hold, or working towards a professional certification in virtualisation e.g. VMware VCP-NV (VMware vCenter Certified Professional - Network Virtualisation)
- Excellent communication skills with diverse and adverse audiences
- Competency in MS Office Suite.
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Infrastructure Solution Architect, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Infrastructure Solution Architect, hit that apply button now!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.