|Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire||Salary: £40.00 - £45.00 per hour|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Matt Henocq|
Injection Moulding Designer - New Product Development
Roles and Responsibilities
The individual will be working in my clients R&D group supporting new product development. The products concerned will mainly comprise injection moulded plastic, overmoulded components and assemblies. Specifically, this will involve the following:
- Apply design engineering principles to the design of existing products through an injection moulding process while resolving quality and/or cost issues.
- Perform R&D design activities for new product development of moulded designs.
- Perform and interrogate mouldflow analysis on designs to verify prior to moulding.
- Prepare design drawings of the newly developed products in accordance with ASME Y14.5 as required.
- Prepare supporting documentation for the design history file and any other R&D documentation including tolerance stack-ups.
- Planning of required laboratory studies as defined by the risk management process.
Provide design support to other function on site as required.
- Support in laboratory testing, design risk management, FMEA and DHF updates
- Support in equipment validations
Background and Experience
- Degree in Design Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Medical Engineering
- Experience in the resolution of product design and manufacturing issues, particularly working under strict time constraints.
- Experience designing engineered products from concept for plastic injection moulding processes.
- Experience creating detailed design and manufacturing models & drawings, using 3D CAD software, preferably UG (UniGraphics).
- Experience using Autodesk mouldflow software to evaluate and interpret design/moulding integrity.
The following would also be highly advantageous:
- Experience using of Teamcenter Engineering
- Experience with quality systems around design control in medical device product development
- Experience in risk management
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.