|Location: Glasgow||Salary: + Package|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: Integrated Platform Management Systems Engineer
Integrated Platform Management Systems Engineer needed for a highly reputable Defence organisation based in Glasgow who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Integrated Platform Management Systems Engineer that takes pride in their work with knowledge of IPMS (integrated platform management systems) design processes and inter-relationships, knowledgeable and experienced in the development and integration of IPMS equipment in the naval environment and strong experience of marine control systems and/or complex distributed software intensive systems (e.g. Shared Infrastructure).
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Integrated Platform Management Systems Engineer will include:
- Providing technical support to the Technical Authority (TA) for the allocated IPMS sub-systems
- Deputising for the technical authority in key integrated project teams and working groups, as required
- Carrying out technical analysis and investigations into complex IPMS issues and opportunities, to provide clear conclusions, implications and recommended solutions
- Accepting responsibility for the requirements, acceptance, physical embodiment, and safety of the IPMS Sub-Systems as allocated
- Supporting the IPMS TA in product safety, key hazard certification and environmental activities
- Ensuring that IPMS system engineering meets the lifecycle management governance and reporting requirements of the company and the authority
- Working to the high levels of system integrity that can allow the minimum number of ship's staff to safely control the ship's vital systems
What experience you need to be the successful Integrated Platform Management Systems Engineer?
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Experienced Naval Engineer
- Knowledge of IPMS design processes and inter-relationships
- Comprehensive experience in Safety related design (including IEC 61508, MilStan 882E)
- Experience of working with within the Defence Industry
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the development and integration of IPMS equipment in the naval environment
- Experience of Verification and Validation Methodology
- Strong experience of marine control systems and/or complex distributed software intensive systems (e.g., Shared Infrastructure)
- Good working experiences in more than one phase of the Engineering Lifecycle, with a good understanding of adjacent phases and through life engineering issues
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Integrated Platform Management Systems Engineer to progress their career.
If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
*Please note that UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Integrated Platform Management Systems Engineer*
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.