|Location: England||Salary: Up to £30000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Anthony Drewe||Job Published: 15 days ago|
IT Field Engineer
IT Field Engineer to be based in the South of England required by a successful IT Managed Service Provider who are based in West Sussex, this role will require you to support clients throughout the UK.
As IT Field Engineer you will have extensive experience within this sector and you will be providing remote and on-site diagnosis, installation and project management to a wide and varied client base across the South of England, maintaining a high level of communication and customer services at all times.
The successful IT Field Engineer will have at least 5 years of experience in an IT support role, if you have experience of working within a managed service environment that would be a plus. A major benefit of this role is the fully funded, certified training the company is proud to offer to assist you career development.
- 8% Pension combined
- Cycle to work scheme
- Holiday Buy Scheme
- Discounts at many places
Some of the main duties of the IT Field Engineer will include:
- Travel to customers sites and provide support and/or installation services for a wide-ranging set of IT infrastructures.
- Undertake onsite surveys and audits for a range of solutions (networking, server, wireless, cabling)
- Update and manage customer documentation.
- Work with project managers to deliver onsite projects
- Provide onsite project management and leadership for a larger IT installation projects.
What experience you need to be a successful IT Field Engineer:
- At least five years' experience in an IT Support role.
- Must hold a full valid UK driving license.
- Ideally working in a IT managed service environment previously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organised with attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible, as you may be required to start early / finish late, or stayover, on some larger projects.
- Exceptional experience in Windows Server and Desktop OS, Office 365 and other standard Microsoft packages.
- Experience in networking (firewalls, routers, switches, VPN, wireless)
- Experience with VLANs, Hyper V, VM Ware and other virtual technologies.
- Experience with Cloud Technology such as SharePoint and OneDrive
This is a really fantastic opportunity for an IT Field Engineer to progress their career with growing company with ambitious goals. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.