|Location: Guildford, Surrey||Salary: Up to £180 per day|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Gautam Raval|
IT Infrastructure Engineer - 6 Month Contract
Infrastructure, TCP/IP, VLAN's, Wi-Fi, Linux (Redhat/Centos), VMware, Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, AWS
My client based in Guildford are recruiting for an IT Infrastructure Engineer with experience of Infrastructure, TCP/IP, VLAN's, Wi-Fi, Linux (Redhat/Centos), VMware, Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, AWS for a 6 month contract.
As an IT Infrastructure Engineer you will help build, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure and be able to quickly make a good contribution.
As an IT Infrastructure Engineer you will have:
- A minimum of three years infrastructure support
- Highly organised, thorough and diligent with an acute attention to detail.
- Excellent communications skills with the IT Team as well as internal customers.
- The ability to work unsupervised, work to deadlines and have a flexible attitude.
As an IT Infrastructure Engineer your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Managing assigned projects to deliver services in accordance with established objectives
- Coordinates and/or performs additions and changes to network hardware and operating systems and attached devices; includes investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation and testing of new network hardware and software.
- Supporting bespoke software applications including regular maintenance.
- Proactive technical support of helpdesk enquiries from staff & site personnel
- Server Room Management
IT Infrastructure Engineer Required Skills:
- Networking: TCP/IP, VLAN's, routing, IPSec VPN, Wi-Fi, Small-Medium Network design/support, Layer 2/3, etc.
- Linux (Redhat/Centos) Monitoring and Performance Tuning
- AWS (VPC Design/Routing/ACL, EC Sizing, EC backups, etc.)
- IT Security (IAM, 802.1x, Firewall Configuration, etc.)
- Microsoft Windows Server (Active Directory, Group Policy and NPS)
IT Infrastructure Engineer Desirable Skills:
- Office365 Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Java App Monitoring (i.e. Jira and TeamCity)
- Sophos AV
- Good technical documentation skills
- Supporting Dev Ops/CI Environment/Software Developers