|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alii Thorogood|
IT Infrastructure Engineer
IT Infrastructure Engineer needed for a multinational defence organisation based in Cheltenham who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded IT Infrastructure Engineer that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge servers, ERP and PLM systems, CAD systems, and productivity applications.
The successful candidate will support the infrastructure, including virtual and physical servers, network configuration, backup and disaster recovery, and maintaining software and firmware updates.
- Bonus schemes
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working
- Early finish Fridays
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the IT Infrastructure Engineer will include:
- Support the Infrastructure, including the virtual and physical servers, network configuration, backup and disaster recovery, and maintaining software and firmware updates.
- Backups - making sure that all systems are backed up in a timely fashion.
- Updating servers, both physical and virtual, at a time where the impact is minimal to the business operation.
- Maintenance of infrastructure equipment.
- Provision of new hardware, software and virtual servers where required.
- Managing the MDM platform for all sites; working with local IT support to help them manage the mobile devices
- Managing the antivirus solution to ensure that updates are carried out as required.
What experience you need to be the successful IT Infrastructure Engineer:
- Minimum of 2 years' IT Infrastructure engineering experience
- Working knowledge of:
- Windows Server 2012 to 2019
- Network switches
- Active Directory
- Backup Technologies
- SAN technologies
- Desired knowledge in:
- Mobile Device Management
- Network Monitoring
- Configuration Management
Must be eligible for SC clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an IT Infrastructure Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.