|Location: Farnborough, Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alii Thorogood|
IT Service Desk Agent
IT Service Desk Agent needed for a leading defence organisation based in Farnborough who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded IT Service Desk Agent that takes pride in their work with a knowledge of mobile telephony and smart devices.
This position is to provide 24/7/365 IT service desk support to internal and external customers. You will be responsible for the management, order and distribution of software, hardware and mobile devices whilst ensuring a high level of customer service for requests.
This position has shift work:
4 days on; 4 days off.
Shift patterns: 7am - 7pm; 7:30am - 7:30pm; 7pm - 7am
2 sets of nights required per 5 - 6 blocks of 4 working days
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the IT Service Desk Agent will include:
- To provide 1st and 2nd line technical support; providing customer support via phone, email and drop-in visits into the Service Desk.
- To log, update and manage all calls via the IT call logging system relating to the support of all software and hardware in the Operational environment.
- Responsible for Software License Management including the ordering and distribution of software.
- To allocate technical calls to the relevant resolver group, initiate escalation procedures and manage incidents.
- Handling VIP support calls in a professional manner.
- To take ownership of problems and be proactive when dealing with all issues.
- Liaison with third party suppliers as required.
- Proactively investigating ways to reduce common issues and publishing self-help guides to assist the customer base. In turn this gives time back to the business.
- Responsible for update and maintenance of accurate internal work instructions and processes.
- Adhere to all service management principles, including the company's software licensing processes.
- To manage and safeguard the confidentiality, integrity and availability of company and customer information.
- Ensure compliance with organisation policies, procedures and work instructions.
What experience you need to be the successful IT Service Desk Agent:
- Previous experience of working in a busy Service Desk environment
- Understanding of mobile telephony and smart devices
- Understanding of Active Directory
- Understanding of Networking
- Experience of working to defined service levels and service catalogue
- Support knowledge of Windows Win 7/10/iOS Operating Systems
- ITIL Foundation V3 or V4 certification (desirable)
- CompTIA A+ qualification (desirable)
- Support knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010/2016 packages (Office 365 desirable)
- Keen interest in IT
- Excellent customer service skills both face-to-face and over the telephone
- Effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexible - ability to work a 24*7*365 shift with potential requirements for shift change at short notice
- Professional Image
- Customer Centric
- Relentless focus on improving processes
- Ability to prioritise
PLEASE NOTE - BPSS Clearance to be obtained prior to start; SC Clearance to be obtained once in post
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an IT Service Desk Agent to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.