|Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: William Church|
IT Support Engineer
IT Support Engineer needed for a leading Defence and Maritime organisation based in High Wycombe who are looking to employ an experienced IT Support Engineer with experience in 1st/2nd Line support for at least 2 years
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the IT Support Engineer will include:
1.To provide support for the user base for all hardware/software and communication products used, adhering to the agreed SLA at all times.
- To maintain Software / Hardware assets. This will include the registering of new software and hardware assets and ensure compliancy. To provide regular reports to the IT Team Leader and those that need them.
- To install, upgrade and support desktop applications, hardware and operating systems.
- To provide 1st and 2nd line support on all servers across the infrastructure this will include both physical and virtual implementations.
- To provide 1st and 2nd line support for all networking components, i.e. switches, cabling and associated peripherals. This shall also include but not limited to basic software configuration and fault diagnosis of these components.
- To plan, manage and assist with office moves, ensuring all IT equipment is disconnected and reconfigured in accordance with the requirements.
- To administer the backup software, amend backup and carry out restores in line with the backup and restore procedures.
- To administer remote access infrastructure, checking logs, password resets and account management in line with the appropriate security procedures and work instructions
- To administer web and email content filtering, re-categorising web sites, checking and releasing held emails
- To be conversant with IT security and provide support including antivirus and peripheral access management and end point protection
- To produce documentation, procedures and technical notes.
- To provide support and maintenance for IP telephony or where necessary telephone systems in line with office requirements.
- Regularly run hardware and software audits and ensure that the business maintains legal conformance.
- Undertake additional duties as assigned by the IT Team Leader
What you need to be the successful IT Support Engineer:
In order to be the successful Hardware Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
1.Customer focused, Good team player, Good communicator, Self-motivator
2.GCSE, A-level/NVQ or equivalent.
3.Operating System - Windows 7 and 10 Applications - MS Office
4.Minimum of 2 years' experience within an IT Support function
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a IT Support Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!