|Location: Preston, Lancashire||Salary: Package|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: IT Systems Engineer
Term: 12 Month FTC
Salary: Dependent Upon Experience + Package
Key Skills: IT, Systems, Nuclear, Defence, TCP/IP, Virtualisation, Hyper-V, Cisco, Router. Switches, ASA Firewall, Client, Desktop, Support, ROMs, Software, Upgrades, Networks
An IT Systems Engineer is required to play a key role in joining a team of specialists in maintaining and incorporating multiple layers of connectivity and redundancy across a number of sites ensuring 100% availability across the entire crisis management system community.
So, what will you be doing as an IT Systems Engineer?
- Administer and maintain all elements of the business Information Management System network
- Perform minor software/system upgrades
- Identify and resolve of network issues
- Attend system health checks at customer and client sites
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support to the business Service Desk
- Build Desktops, Server & Laptop systems to predetermined build specifications
- Prepare ROMS/Proposals
What are we looking for in our next IT Systems Engineer?
- Educated to Degree level in a STEM discipline
- Have good knowledge of TCP/IP networks
- Have good knowledge of virtualisation (Hyper-V)
- Have good knowledge of Cisco networks (configuration of Routers/Switches etc)
- Have comprehensive knowledge of Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Be willing and able to travel, sometimes at short notice overseas
- Have the ability to work well within a small team
- Have well-developed communication skills (verbal, written and IT-literacy).
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next IT Systems Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.