|Location: West London, London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
3 days based in Middlesex, 2 days based in the West End of London
IT Technician needed for a globally recognised Defence organisation based in Middlesex/London who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded IT Technician that takes pride in their work working knowledge of Windows Client OS's & Applications (Win 7 - Win 10 / Office etc.), basic Active Directory administration experience, basic MS Exchange 2010 - 2016 administration experience and Asset Management.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the IT Technician will include:
- Provide a consistently high quality and professional customer service to the business in all areas of IT.
- Monitoring and taking ownership of tickets queues in the call logging system for:
- Hardware including PC's, laptops, printers and mobile devices
- Software including but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite, Desktop OS, SCCM.
- Day-today running
- Investigation of issues
- Monitoring and updating the IT service desk system; prioritizing and following-up calls and ensuring that users are supported in a timely and effective manner
- Supporting other team members to resolve issues and training junior staff
- Troubleshooting; diagnosing and testing issues raised in relation to all hardware and software and escalating calls to appropriate individuals
- Using existing SCCM platform to deliver and update all applications
- Resolving service desk issues by liaising with end users to ensure that requests are closed in a timely fashion in line with the IT SLA.
- Produce and maintain concise documentation on systems and procedures for the benefit of the IT team.
- This role covers support requirements for both the Restricted and Secret networks.
- To resolve all IT issues with a professional manner
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions and access rights
- Deliver 1st to 2nd Line Support to the business and infrastructure across multiple sites, providing escalation, where required, to senior team members.
- Resolving service desk issues by communicating with end users to ensure that requests are closed in a timely fashion in line with the IT SLA.
- Provide support on standard devices such as standard desktop, tablets, phones and devices.
- Provide technical and functional support on standard applications and software and support for all products/ equipment on the current approved list.
- Installing authorised software to laptops and desktops.
- Supporting devices and users on a Windows network comprising of Windows PC's and laptops, Active Directory and Exchange.
- Deploy PCs and devices to users and provide maintenance when required to ensure continuity of day to day business.
- Proactively maintain the company asset management database to ensure that records are up to date and reliable when needed for auditing.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
What experience you need to be the successful IT Technician:
- Experience working in a multi-disciplined team across 1st - 3rd Line support.
Essential Working knowledge of:
- Windows Client OS's & Applications (Win 7 - Win 10 / Office etc.)
- Basic Active Directory administration
- Basic MS Exchange 2010 - 2016 administration
- Desktop and Laptop hardware
- Asset Management
Desirable working knowledge of:
- Windows Server Technology (2008R2 - 2016)
- Low level network infrastructure
- MS System Centre Configuration Manager
- Network technologies (HP Switches/Firewalls
- Experience in Microsoft Group Polic
- Familiarity with MoD/CESG rules and regulation
- Excellent general written and verbal communications skills
- Willing to undergo, and are able to achieve and maintain, SC and/or DV security clearance.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an IT Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
*Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance is required for the IT Technician position. *
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.