|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Safety, Defence, Nuclear||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 10 days ago|
Junior Safety Engineer Needed
Based in Bristol
This Junior Safety role is with a global supplier of Naval Handling and Landing systems for the Maritime and Civil industries.
Your main duty is to assist Safety Engineers with software safety assurance activities on naval projects for the development and in-service support of complex electronic systems. The purpose of the assurance activities being to ensure that safety is inherent in the engineered design to achieve required safety targets and manage associated risks at an acceptable level. A great opportunity at a junior level with a major employer.
Benefits for the successful Junior Safety Engineer:
- 25 days holiday entitlement
- Life assurance
- Contributed pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Income protection
- Employee share scheme
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Competitive salary
Main duties for the successful Junior Safety Engineer
- To undertake training and development to become a safety Subject Matter Expert (SME) to designated projects; accruing knowledge and experience in the defence environment for the development of real-time software and electronic systems in the function of Safety Engineering.
- To plan own work and carry out safety management activities, under supervision by safety peers, for project scope commensurate with applicable standards at the required Safety Integrity Level (SIL).
- Prepare safety and environmental arguments with cognisance to POSMS and POEMS to support the safety case in compliance with Def Stan 00-56 and relevant Ship Safety policies.
- Assist in safety review meetings with safety stakeholders for purposes of Hazard Identification and Analysis (HIA) and safety / environmental risk reduction.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of hazard logs and safety reports.
- Provide support to functional failure analyses including hardware reliability.
- Provide support to software / Programmable Electronic System (PES) assessments of process and documentation against applicable development standards.
- Assist with the derivation, documentation and justification of safety requirements.
- To provide safety support to lifecycle review meetings and carry out reviews of engineering deliverable documents;
- To assist with internal and sub-contractor safety audits and support audits from an externally appointed Independent Safety Auditor (ISA).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Qualified to degree level in an engineering discipline with a basic understanding of the development and justification of safety-related software systems.
- Good planning, communications (including client-handling), organisational and co-ordination skills.
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, DOORS, safety and reliability databases / tools).
Please note that to be considered you must be eligible for high government clearances
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.