|Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, England||Salary: £32000 - £44000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Matt Henocq|
The lab manager is responsible for the smooth running and upkeep of the lab, including ensuring a safe working environment. The role will include organising lab rotas, overseeing inventory management, coordination of orders and shipments as well as maintaining equipment through servicing arrangements.
The Lab Manager has final say over lab safety (risk assessments, COSHH, SOPs), certifications, HTA, general running, and internal audits. This pivotal role makes sure that there are no roadblocks to science happening! You will be the go to person to overcome problems, building relationships within the team and the building to ensure the whole team is supported so we can deliver the change our therapies can have.
We are looking for someone that has administrative experience, with a background in science. You will be happy being on the ground, uploading invoices, purchasing equipment and organising waste removal, whilst also thinking a level higher in finding ways of working more efficiently, or suggesting ways of improving the environment we work in. While active research is not the primary role of this post there is also scope to assist with the day to day running of the research
Experience and knowledge required
- Leading on administration in a fast-paced and regularly changing environment
- Understanding of lab health and safety processes including waste disposal
- Experience in seeing where administrative processes can make the company more efficient and, ideally, implementing changes
- Happy to roll sleeves up and do whatever is needed to set the business up for success
- Solutions focused and action orientated; gets things done! Finds a way to make things happen, often needing to be creative in solutions.
- Proactive - Can often foresee things that will need doing before they arise. This person should always be thinking ahead, whilst managing what is happening at the time.
- Attention to detail - the team can trust that the detail has been checked and any key implications/concerns have been flagged appropriately. Works smart to make the best use of time.
- Comfortable doing things that they haven't done before - finds ways to learn proactively.
- Embraces change - this is a fast-growing start-up and change is inevitable
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.