|Location: Oxfordshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Simon Cowley||Job Published: 13 days ago|
MY CLIENT is a rapidly growing venture-capital backed company that has developed an entirely new class of diagnostic product - an instrument-free molecular test. The Company's products combine the superior performance of laboratory testing with the proven market benefits of disposable tests. The company's first product is a simple disposable test that uses a nasal swab sample to give an ultra-rapid result without the need for any instrumentation.
As a molecular test it exploits the Gold Standard chemistry of laboratory tests but is easy to use in any setting and thus will enable widespread decentralised testing for COVID-19.
The company has ambitious plans to grow from its strong foundations and become a leader in this exciting new segment of the diagnostics industry. My client is currently expanding its research and development team and is seeking a laboratory manager to oversee and facilitate its activities in this area.
The Role and Responsibilities: The client currently has an opportunity for an experienced and motivated laboratory manager to support their molecular discovery (assay development and method development) teams.
The role will include the following key responsibilities:
* Develop, implement and improve laboratory procedures for efficient operations in accordance with the company's quality management system;
* Oversee laboratory technicians / research associates in the preparation of reagents and other activities to enhance efficiency of the molecular discovery teams;
* Ensure appropriate documentation and reporting of results and data in accordance with agreed protocols;
* Plan and oversee maintenance, calibration and verification of laboratory equipment;
* Support scientists on an ad hoc basis with performance and reporting of laboratory experiments.
There is significant scope to tailor this role to meet the skills and experience of the successful applicant to ensure a challenging and rewarding role with opportunities for development and progression as the company grows.
Candidates are expected to have significant prior experience in a laboratory environment. It is advantageous but not essential for candidates to have experience working as a laboratory manager within a commercial environment. Good IT, writing and interpersonal skills are essential to ensure accurate documentation of activities and effective communication with the molecular discovery and development teams. More broadly, we are looking for a team player with the initiative, flexibility, drive and enthusiasm to achieve goals and exceed expectations in a dynamic start-up environment.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.