|Location: Hampshire||Salary: £70000 - £90000 per annum + pension ,healthcare, benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Simon Douthwaite|
Laboratory Manager Analytical Chemistry
"Laboratory Manager" for successful GMP/GLP compliant laboratory specialised pharmaceutical and medical device testing.
Based in Hampshire, you will be responsible for:
- Analysis of customer samples following the relevant protocols, methods and specifications
- Techniques used will predominately be HPLC/GC to wet chemistry; therefore, the candidate must be familiar with all necessary laboratory equipment and techniques including spectroscopy
- Analysis will initially be chemical characterisation of medical devices. Growth to include analysis of other raw materials, intermediates and final products is possible
- All analysis must be carried out following the principles of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) or Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
- To review all analytical results and ensure that they are recorded accurately and associated reports produced
- To carry out calibrations, performance qualifications and maintenance of equipment when required
- To develop and validate new methods of analysis as requested by customer protocols
- To manage own workloads and to ensure all analytical work is carried out efficiently and accurately and that project timescales are met
- To be familiar with health and safety / COSHH requirements
- To attend training courses when necessary
- Training of analytical chemists and new members of staff and to take on a supervisory role as the department grows
- To liaise directly with customers and collaborators when appropriate.
- To liaise with our quality assurance department
- To initiate projects, business development and new business initiatives
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Must have formal academic training of at least a degree standard in chemistry or a degree containing a large proportion of chemistry. It is essential that the candidate understands the principles of chemistry relating to analysis
- Exceptional analytical skills are required gained from several years' experience of relevant laboratory work
- Should have a sound understanding of the standard procedures used in an analytical laboratory, and have developed a range of specialist skills, including the use of HPLC, GC, spectrophotometers and other laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of the development and validation of analytical methods and equipment (eg HPLC, GC, dissolution) to current ICH guidelines.
- Experience of working in a GMP (or equivalent ISO 17025 or GLP) laboratory environment and participation in associated audits
- Good technical and administrative skills to produce good quality technical documents / reports and retain accurate records
- Good communication skills are essential as many daily contacts are made at all levels of staffing, both internally and externally
- Should be familiar with any new developments in analytical chemistry
- Highly developed interpersonal skills are requisite
- Must be able to work well within a small team and be willing to help out with additional tasks when necessary to ensure the smooth running of the laboratory / company
- Experience working to ISO 10993-18, ISO 18562 and USP USP 788 is desirable
Salary and Reward Package: £70,000 - £90,000 plus package.
- Salary dependant on qualifications and experience
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Extra days holiday for continuous service, day off on your birthday & option to buy additional holiday
- Private medical insurance
- Mobile phone
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Medical cash back scheme (after probation)
- Bike to work scheme
Really exciting opportunity for the right candidate , please click the apply button or call me to discuss.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.