|Location: Portsmouth||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 18 days ago|
Lead Project Controller
Bristol / Portsmouth / Glasgow - Remote Hybrid Working
£40,000 - £50,000
Lead Project Controller needed for a leading defence and security organisation with offices across the UK, such as the Bristol, Portsmouth and Glasgow areas who are looking to employ a number of experienced and well-rounded Lead Project Controllers that takes pride in their work.
As a Lead Project Controller, you will be degree qualified within a relevant area. You will be responsible for the day-to-day project control activities for a major engineering Support project, reporting to the Programme and Governance Manager. You will be operating with a complex set of programme tools and techniques, providing the project management services across a team of 100 Engineers. The current budget contract cover for support is £250mil.
What the role of the Lead Project Controller entails:
Some of the main duties of the Supply Chain Professional will include:
· Ensuring the plan structure (Work Breakdown, schedule, and activities) is appropriately maintained within the programme tools
· Tracking of actual spend against budget and forecast
· Reviewing the monthly progress report, challenging, and supporting the contributors to ensure issues are identified and appropriately actioned
· Analysing and reviewing earned value progress to identify diversion from the plan
· Leading the regular re-estimation of the work/costs to go
· Accurate maintenance of the Support budget
· Review Baseline Request Change forms and support their approval at the Programme Change Request Board
What experience you need to be the successful Lead Project Controller:
· Planning, tracking, and reporting experience on a range of projects including at least 1 development or build project
· Good understanding of various PM&C tools techniques, such as Microsoft Planner and Excel
· Experience of using objective measures for tracking progress
· Experience of Earned Value Management (EVM)
In order to be eligible for this role you will need to undergo Security Clearance Background Checks that require you to be a UK resident and UK passport holder.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Project Controller to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.