|Location: Yeovil||Salary: £60000 - £65000 per annum + Excellent benefits|
|Sector: Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 20 days ago|
Lead System Safety Engineer
£60,000 - £65,000 + Benefits
The Lead System Safety Engineer is responsible for the implementation, co-ordination and conduct of programme safety and environmental related activities. The Lead System Safety Engineer will be responsible for compilation of Safety Cases, associated safety arguments, and the identification and management of hazards inherent in the final product to ensure that the company complies with both legislative and contracted Health and Safety requirements and that all budgetary and programmatic commitments are met.
The Lead System Safety Engineer will be the Safety related focal point with the customer, and be responsible for providing Environmental Impact Assessments.
The Lead System Safety Engineer will provide advice and guidance to the Engineering Lead, and programme Chief Engineers (Systems, Safety, Airworthiness), and report critical safety issues and information to the wider engineering teams.
Undertake the following tasks:
- Develop and maintain Safety Management Plans, including sub-contractor/supplier interfacing elements
- Conduct Safety Assessments such as Preliminary Hazard Analysis, System Hazard Analysis, Sub System Hazard Analysis, Functional safety assessment, Occupational and Operating Hazard Analysis.
- Raising, preparing and managing electronic Change Forms (eCFs).
- Derive safety requirements, including integrity requirements
- Document System level safety arguments, Safety Cases and Safety Reports
- Review subcontract safety documents.
- Chair Project Safety Committees and supporting Safety Review Meeting and Technical Interface Meetings
- Conduct Zonals and physical safety audits.
- Analysis, assessment & producing reports on Defence Air Service Occurrence Reports (DASORs)
- Demonstrate compliance with legislative requirements
Required skills, qualifications and experience
Recent, relevant experience of implementation of safety programmes in a prime contractor/systems integration environment.
Working and current knowledge of:
- Environmental legislation and management systems (eg. ISO14001 etc.)
- Defence and commercial safety standards such as Def Stan 00-056, Def-Stan 00-055, Mil Std 882, IEC61508, JSP 430)
- Project Oriented Safety Management System (POSMS)
- Project Oriented Environmental Management System (POEMS)
- Safety Case development using the Adelard Safety Case Editor (ASCE)
- Hazard Management using eCassaadra
- Event Tree and Fault Tree development using Reliability Work Bench
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.