|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £35000 - £37500 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Henocq||Job Published: 29 days ago|
Lead Test and Systems Integration Engineer
The RF Power engineering function provides engineering expertise spanning; electrical / electronic design (HV, LV and control), software / firmware development, test and compliance, and vacuum tube expertise. We have an opportunity for an electromechanical biased engineer to join the engineering test and system integration team. Working within the group, the successful candidate will work alongside a team of engineers designing, documenting and verifying to develop the next generation of RF Power products and processes.
- Produce test procedures and verification plans / matrices to compile documented evidence of product compliance. Follow test plans for electrical, mechanical and RF performance criteria to validate components / product.
- Understand the technical concepts and practical applications of systems architecture. In particular, sub-system interfacing (including high voltage / high power connectivity), control principles and RF systems and measurement.
- Evaluate prototype designs of components (including mechanical elements), sub-assemblies and systems - to ensure they meet original design criteria by identifying and selecting the appropriate test methodologies. Feedback results to project and management teams producing accurate and timely reports.
- As part of the development team, identify key risks and appropriate mitigation by developing effective networks with other team members and key support functions to drive a prompt resolution to problems.
Qualifications and required experience:
- HNC / HND / degree in an engineering related subject or equivalent experience working within a professional engineering development environment
- Good understanding of high power electrical distribution, power electronics, inverters, high voltage techniques, RF systems and control management
- Familiarisation with electrical, electronic and RF measurement techniques and experience in the use of associated equipment for the purposes of testing, evaluating and fault diagnostics
- Ability to work from provided documentation - electrical schematics and mechanical drawings - BoM's - procedures etc
- Writing system test plans, sub system level test plans, FAT & SAT.
- Fluent with risk assessment processes
- Familiarity with high voltage systems and safe working practices
- Competent in the use of AutoCAD (or AutoCAD Electrical) as a design / capture tool
- Able to undertake technical work packages with minimal supervision
- Previous experience of team management and or supervision
- BS clearance and eligible to obtain SC clearance
- Knowledge of magnetrons, klystrons, SSA's and TWT's an advantage
- City &Guilds 2392 or 2395 (formerly 2391) Inspection and Testing qualification
- BS7671 Wiring Regulation qualified (C&G 2382-12 or equivalent)
- IPC J-STD-001 soldering certification
- IPC/WHMA-A-620 cable/wire harness assemblies
- Mechanical design and CAD capture to company drawings standards
- Demonstrate able experience of Live Test & Inspection work
- Appreciation of the product development life cycle and product verification processes
- An appreciation of electrical (including 'fail safe' design methodology), ionising radiation, non-ionising radiation and electromagnetic safety requirements
- Familiarisation of equipment thermal management cooling systems (water / Glycol / forced air) and associated monitoring
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.