|Location: Bristol||Salary: £350 - £400 per day|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering, Technology||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Nick Taylor|
Bristol - Hybrid
£350 - £400 per day - INSIDE IR35
Linux Engineer needed for a global engineering consultancy based in Bristol.
What the role of the Linux Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Linux Engineer will include:
- System Installation and Configuration: Deploying and configuring Linux-based operating systems on servers, including setting up network parameters and security settings.
- User Management: Creating and managing user accounts, groups, and permissions to ensure secure access to the system's resources.
- Package Management: Using package managers (e.g., apt, yum, rpm, dnf) to install, update, and remove software packages on Linux systems.
- Server Maintenance: Regularly updating and patching the operating system and installed software to keep systems up-to-date and secure.
- Monitoring and Performance Optimization: Monitoring system performance and resource utilization, identifying bottlenecks, and optimizing system performance for efficient operation.
- Troubleshooting and Issue Resolution: Diagnosing and resolving hardware and software issues that may arise in the Linux environment.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery: Ensure solutions are backed up and backups tested to ensure data integrity and creating disaster recovery plans in case of system failures.
- Security Management: Configuring security tools to protect Linux systems from unauthorized access and cyber threats.
- Networking: Configuring network interfaces, managing routing tables, and troubleshooting network-related issues.
- Virtualization and Containerization: Working with virtual machines (e.g., VMware) and container technologies (e.g., Docker) to create, deploy, and manage applications in isolated environments.
- Collaboration: Coordinating with other IT teams and stakeholders to support various projects and ensure smooth integration of Linux systems with other components.
- Documentation: Maintaining comprehensive documentation of system configurations, procedures, and troubleshooting steps for future reference.
- System Security Auditing and Compliance: Conducting security audits and ensuring Linux systems comply with relevant security standards and policies.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Linux Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.