|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: £40 - £45 per hour|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: James Giblin||Job Published: 23 days ago|
6 Month Contract
ILS Engineer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Portsmouth. They're looking to employ an experienced ILS Engineer. The ILS engineer will be responsible to the Maritime ILS/CLS Lead for conducting all Maritime ILS/CLS activities, including the development and implementation of support materials in support of Major proposal activity.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the ILS Engineer will include:
- Develop support solutions for Maritime training equipment programmes
- Review and support ILS functional Requirements
- Technical publications - Support the development and maintenance of the system technical publications for both new and fielded equipment.
- Training - Develop and deliver training material and guidance for Maintainers and Operators of the system.
- Support Logistics Modelling activities
- Develop the ILS artefacts and analysis required for RN Training equipment's in a proposal environment
- Provide ILS support to Maritime proposal activities
- Engineering Support - provide support to CLS Technical Lead for requirements acceptance and engineering change:
- Integrated Logistic Support
- Integration and Test
- Systems Engineering
- All work to be carried out in accordance with Environment, Safety and Health (ESH) regulations.
- Carry out any reasonable activities as requested in support of the Maritime Support organisational objectives
- Provide Logistics Engineering support to other areas of the business as directed by management
What you need to be the successful ILS Engineer:
In order to be the successful ILS Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Working knowledge of all the ILS disciplines within a proposal environment.
- Experience performing support analysis on equipment and systems.
- Familiar with MoD ILS standards.
- Knowledge and experience of providing support related inputs to bids and proposals.
- Computer literate with experience with the Microsoft Office suite of software
- Previous Maritime ILS/Training experience.
- Knowledge of DSAT compliant training requirements
- Previous experience in a major maritime bid environment
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a ILS Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.