|Location: Winchester||Salary: £60000 - £65000 per annum + package|
|Sector: Commercial, Construction||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matthew Clegg||Job Published: 7 days ago|
Managing Quantity Surveyor
£60,000 to £65,000 + car & package
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Managing Quantity Surveyor to join a leading main contractor on a £150m civil engineering and highways project in Hampshire.
The Managing Quantity Surveyor will be based at the contractors site office and taking responsibility for managing the costs of the project from start to finish. The work will include the removal and replacement of a number of road and footbridges, bulk earthworks, the installation of drainage systems, noise barriers, signage, lighting and security systems. As the Managing Quantity Surveyor, some of your duties will include:
- Overseeing the day to day duties of a busy commercial team (AQS to SQS)
- Reviewing the commercial position of the project against the forecast
- Managing the preparation of target costs
- Reporting on the commercial progress of the project to senior project staff
- Carrying out risk and opportunity analysis
- Advising colleagues in the commercial team and wider project team on contractual matters
- Acting as a mentor to other surveyors, assisting where possible with the career development plans of others within the team
In return, the Managing Quantity Surveyor can expect an opportunity that includes exposure to a large, secured project. You'll have continued opportunities to further your own career with no glass ceilings on where you can progress to within the business. You'll also be offered a competitive salary & package that includes:
- Starting salary of up to £65,000
- Car/travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave
- Contributory Pension
- Private healthcare
- Yearly pay & performance reviews
- Life Assurance
Managing Quantity Surveyors considering this opportunity will need to have previous experience working for a leading main contractor on civil engineering or infrastructure projects. You'll also need good NEC knowledge and excellent communication skills.
To find out more about this exciting role, get in touch with Matt Clegg at Gold Group on 01342 330 539.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.