|Location: Shrewsbury, Shropshire||Salary: £60000 - £70000 per annum + car & package|
|Sector: Construction, Commercial||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matthew Clegg||Job Published: 24 days ago|
Managing Quantity Surveyor
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Managing Quantity Surveyor to join a leading main contractor at their offices in Shrewsbury. The Managing Quantity Surveyor will be developing a small team of surveyors and delivering a local highways maintenance contract under an NEC form of contract.
The successful candidate will need to have a relevant degree - i.e. Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management or Construction Project Management and have experience of working for a main contractor on a highways maintenance or other low value/high volume reactive framework.
On offer is a competitive salary & package that includes:
- Starting salary of £60,000 to £70,000
- Car allowance of £5,500
- 26 day's annual leave
- Contributory pension
- Private healthcare
- Discretionary bonus
- Cycle to work scheme
- Yearly pay & performance reviews
What the role entails
Some of the main duties of the Managing Quantity Surveyor will include:
- Providing accurate cashflow forecasts to the commercial leadership team
- Develop junior surveyors as they progress their own careers
- Oversee the procurement of subcontractors
- Minimise commercial risks
- Dispute avoidance and resolution
The Managing Quantity Surveyor will need experience in the following areas:
- Experience of working for a leading main contractor
- Familiar with the NEC contract
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident whilst working closely with the client
- Happy working in a fast paced environment
This is a really fantastic opportunity for a Managing Quantity Surveyor to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly - don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.