|Location: London, England||Salary: £65000 - £70000 per annum + Car & package|
|Sector: Construction, Commercial||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matthew Clegg||Job Published: 18 days ago|
Managing Quantity Surveyor
£60k to £70k + £8k & package
An exciting opportunity for a Managing Quantity Surveyor has arisen with a leading main contractor delivering a large rail framework in Central London. The Managing Quantity Surveyor will play a key role in the successful delivery of the framework which includes projects of varying values including station refurbishments, new buildings and some civils work alongside electrification & power, new signalling, communication upgrades and track work.
The Managing Quantity Surveyor will be working on pre & post contract commercial duties but also tasked with supporting, developing and mentoring a small team of surveyors who are at various stages of their career. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the senior commercial team with the recruitment and development of the team
- Design & implement a new, revised commercial strategy
- Identify and manage commercial risks
- Managing a margin improvement plan and improving where possible
- Handle any client disputes that might arise
- Work closely with the client and build a long lasting, trusting relationship between the clients team, consultants and your internal team
- Support the senior management team with their plans to grow the business and offer advice where you can
The successful Managing Quantity Surveyor will need to have experience of working on rail projects for a UK based main contractor. You'll need excellent communication skills, sound contract knowledge, confident when working in a client facing capacity and a a 'can do' attitude. You'll also need to have a qualification in construction e.g. degree or MSc OR chartered with the RICS or ICES.
On offer is a competitive salary of up to £70,000 plus an attractive benefits package that includes a company car or car allowance (£8k), 26 days annual leave, private healthcare, contributory pension, discretionary bonus of up to 10% and a work life balance.
If you're looking for a new career challenge and you'd like to be considered for this opportunity, apply by sending your CV or calling Matt Clegg at Gold Group.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.