|Location: Loudwater, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
Loudwater - permanent
Salary cannot be advertised, get in touch for more information
Candidates applying must be eligible for SC level security clearance (must hold ONLY a British passport)
Manufacturing Engineer needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a leading Electronics Engineering company who provides electronic products for the military in Loudwater. The candidate must be eligible for Security Clearance (hold a British passport only).
Benefits for the Manufacturing Engineer:
My client offers a competitive salary, brilliant benefits and fantastic career progression.
Purpose of the Manufacturing Engineer:
To be responsible for the manufacturing, assembly and test aspects or manufactured items on projects allocated to him/her. To work on the development of a robust supply chain on projects allocated to him/her. To consider design impact of product and equipment maintainability throughout the life cycle. Drive continuous improvement in production; using lean techniques, to reduce non-value-added activity.
Some of the main duties of the Manufacturing Engineer will include:
* To participate in the Design Review Process, to ensure that designs are optimised, wherever possible for manufacture, assembly, test and supportability.
* To plan and co-ordinate New Product Introductions, working closely with other members of the project team, to ensure delivery to customer deadlines.
* To develop the manufacturing methods, processes, tooling, production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, quality control and safety standards to efficiently deliver manufactured items, to time and cost targets set.
* To support the development of the supply chain strategy for projects, to drive early engagement with the supply chain for new designs and to deal effectively with supplier technical queries.
* To drive process improvements to ensure the most efficient, cost effective working methods are employed by implementing LEAN tools and techniques (eg 8D, 5S and Process Mapping).
* To critique and troubleshoot existing designs, providing feedback to project teams and engineering, specifically where inefficiencies in the manufacturing process are detected.
* To support Production, to achieve on-time delivery of customer orders.
* To be responsible for the ESD compliance of production and test areas.
* Ensure Safe working environment in line with the business health and safety procedures.
What you need to be the successful Manufacturing Engineer:
* HND/Degree in a relevant engineering discipline (Mechanical/Electronics).
* Lean/ Six Sigma Green Belt qualified
* Lean Methodology
* Techniques in Process Mapping and Process Improvement, Knowledge, low volume, cellular and line flow production
* Manufacturing Processes and methodology, toolsets and systems.
* A Change agent, with proven track record of driving improvements.
* Experience within an Electro-Mechanical Manufacturing environment.
* Proven success in improving processes.
* Thorough understanding of Lean, with track record in making sustainable changes.
* Experience of using MRP systems and modern manufacturing techniques.
* Analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Proven ability to drive manufacturing projects to a successful conclusion.
* Excellent team player with the ability to work cross functionally.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Manufacturing Manager to progress their career within the defence industry.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.