|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £30 - £40 per hour|
|Type: Contract||Contact: James Giblin|
Contract - 6 Months
Manufacturing Engineer needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Manufacturing Engineer. As part of the Operations Engineering Team, the Manufacturing Engineer is the recognised point of contact for all matters related to their area of expertise, providing engineering advice, problem solving and co-ordination of activities.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Manufacturing Engineer will include:
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of a broad range of manufacturing Engineering processes
- Take ownership and demonstrate a hands-on approach to problem resolution to ensure we remain in line with the plan.
- Management of Manufacturing queries arising from production in accordance with our business processes for area of responsibility
- Management and implementation of design changes into production ensuing robust controls are maintained within area of responsibility
- Support process engineering change notice (ECN) and related Material Review Board (MRB) activities, as required.
- Maintenance of Manufacturing BOM's and routings and controlling factors within SAP (or similar ERP software).
What you need to be the successful Manufacturing Engineer:
In order to be the successful Manufacturing Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Ability to respond quickly to escalated problems in order to keep things moving
- An independent thinker, able to take an assertive stance to enforce the key requirements of quality and the customer
- Ability to demonstrate a level of manufacturing process experience; which may include mechanical assembly, machining, fabrication, welding, casting, plastic molding and robotics.
- Experience of reviewing and updating operational documentation and manufacturing data-packs.
- Detailed understanding of the fundamentals of MRP and experience in the maintenance of Manufacturing BOM's and routings and controlling factors within SAP (or similar ERP software).
- Key competences: Personal accountability, building relationships, planning for results, customer first, adaptability.
- Full understanding of Technical Drawings
- Computer Literate (MS Office/Project/Visio)
- Knowledge of Windchill or similar tool for documentation management.
- Ability to work with a small team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.