|Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire||Salary: £1 per hour|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Sam Davies|
Manufacturing Engineer needed for an electronic manufacturing organisation based in High Wycombe who are looking to employ an experienced professional with an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the product life-cycle, experience within an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment and knowledge of the Defence industry.
The successful Manufacturing Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity to enhance their career, but they will also be offered a competitive pay-rate.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Manufacturing Engineer will include:
* Analysing and planning work force utilisation, space requirements, workflow, designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
* Planning and coordinating production tooling, test and capital equipment to ensure availability of equipment when required.
* Ensuring preventative maintenance is carried out and ensuring Health and Safety risks are considered.
* Developing Manufacturing Plans on allocated projects, detailing: area layout, process maps, test equipment requirements, cycle-times, resourcing, capital equipment, and tooling, handling equipment, operator training and timescales.
* Creating Assembly Instructions and Work Instructions to ensure uniform, repeatable practices are followed by production.
* Creating accurate estimates for manufacturing times (including assembly, wiring, testing and inspection) for proposed new systems, to be submitted as part of the bid activity.
* Conducting Manufacturing Engineering tasks as required to support manufacture both in-house and sub-contract, tracing faults to root cause and instigating preventative actions to prevent re-occurrence.
What you need to be the successful Manufacturing Engineer:
In order to be the successful Manufacturing Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
Knowledge and Ability:
* Lean Methodology
* Techniques in Process Mapping and Process Improvement
* knowledge, low volume, cellular and line flow production
* Manufacturing Processes and methodology, toolsets and systems.
* A Change agent, with proven track record of driving improvements.
* Experience within an Electro-Mechanical manufacturing environment.
* Proven success in improving processes.
* Thorough understanding of Lean, with track record in making sustainable changes.
* Experience of using MRP systems and modern manufacturing techniques.
* Analytical and problem-solving skills.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.