|Location: Crewe||Salary: TBC ON APPLICATION|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
Full time Permanent
Would you like to play a key role leading, developing and manufacturing operations processes to safely and reliably meet customer and business expectations in terms of SHE, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People? We currently have a vacancy for a Manufacturing Manager at our site in Radway Green which produces Small Arms Ammunition and has recently invested in advanced digital technologies to support operational delivery and improvements.
As a Manufacturing Manager, you will be accountable for manufacturing operations for the site, ensuring we are delivering against the business strategy, and consistently achieving the key performance indicators.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to provide leadership to production via the Process Leader cohort to guarantee effective and efficient day to day operations, whilst being accountable for the welfare and development of all operational and mechanical maintenance employees.
What experience you need to be the successful Manufacturing Manager:
- Having overall accountability for the safety of the employees working within the manufacturing areas.
- Being accountable for manufacturing process quality; managing adherence to quality standards and procedures.
- Being accountable for achieving the manufacturing annual budgets, including labour costs, general and capital purchases.
- Holding accountability for achieving the Radway Green annual customer delivery and manufacturing schedule adherence targets including implementation of continuous improvement strategies.
- Analysing and interpreting data to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of production output.
- Leading, developing and motivating staff members within the Radway Green manufacturing teams.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Degree in an Engineering/Operational Discipline preferred; minimum requirement of an HND qualification in an engineering/operational discipline
- Experience in embedding and driving lean manufacturing to streamline processes and optimise resources in production
- Experience in leading manufacturing production, in a target driven environment
- Safety conscious attitude with knowledge and skill to fully integrate safety into the working environment
- Success in implementing and sustaining continuous improvement activities
- Experience in leading and managing large teams
Desired skills, qualifications and experience:
- Experience in working in an automated and digital manufacturing environment is highly advantageous
- Qualified in NEBOSH/IOSH and/or Environmental Managing Safety (or working towards)
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Manufacturing Manager position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.